The Irons of Khyber
The following rules are specific to this campaign.
The following optional/variant rules are used from the Player’s Handbook.
- Customizing Ability Scores (13)
- Equipment Sizes (144): This applies only to changing armor to fit a different Size-rated character.
- Multiclassing (163-165)
- Feats (165-170)
- Skills with Different Abilities (175)
- Encumbrance (176): Dwarves benefit from a modification described below.
The following optional/variant rules are used from the Dungeon Master’s Guide.
- Mixing Potions and Scroll Mishaps (140)
- Flanking (251)
- Diagonals (252)
- Disarm, Overrun, Shove Aside, and Tumble (271-272)
- Hitting Cover (272)
These are changes to normal or optional rules from the Player’s Handbook or Dungeon Master’s Guide.
Dwarven Speed: Without the optional Encumbrance rule, dwarves can ignore the 10-foot speed reduction from wearing heavy armor without a sufficient Strength rating. Using the optional Encumbrance rule, as we do, this racial feature gives no benefit. This new modification allows dwarves to ignore 10 feet of the speed reductions from the variant Encumbrance rule: while “encumbered” there is no speed reduction and while “heavily encumbered” the reduction is a mere 10 feet.